Immersive Futures Lab
Overview – Applications Now Closed
Following the success of the BEYOND 2019 Showcase, the Immersive Futures Lab returns to BEYOND featuring exciting creative projects that demonstrate innovative ideas, new types of content and novel uses of technologies including the very best from the Audience of the Future and Creative Industries Clusters Programmes.
The Lab will include (but is not limited to) examples of early-stage prototypes utilising one or more more of the following technologies:
> Virtual Reality
> Mixed Reality
> Augmented Reality
> Spacial Audio
> Games Engines
- Submission deadline – Thursday 8 October 2020
- Notification of successful application – Tuesday 13 October 2020
Cost and Benefits
- Showcase their company, projects and expertise to an international audience of technology experts, creatives, researchers and investors
- Dedicate showcase page on the BEYOND website and the online conference platform with ability to include presentations, videos and more
- Promotion via the BEYOND email and social channels, with a combined reach of 25K
- ‘Meet the Maker’ sessions during the conference (30 November – 3 December) to engage and discuss directly with delegates
- Tickets (x2) for the full BEYOND conference programme and enjoy exclusive access to both pre and post-event content, plus network with delegates and make new contacts
- Register interest from opted-in delegates who want to hear directly from you and get access to their details to follow-up
- Demo your project, generate interest and gather feedback with the opportunity to arrange app / experience previews
The cost for the standard exhibition space is £149 + VAT & booking fee once approved submissions.
A full list of benefits is available in the Information Pack which you can download below.
Showcase Applications – CLOSED
Thank you to those that submitted an expression of interest describing your project for inclusion in the showcase. Applications are now closed. Sign up to the BEYOND newsletter for updates on projects appearing in the showcase and purchase your BEYOND tickets now.
If you have any queries, please contact [email protected].
Early Career Researcher POSTER EXHIBITION
Overview – Applications Now Closed
Doctoral Candidates and Early Career Researchers working in the areas of research that address one of the BEYOND 2020 conference themes are invited to submit a short abstract for a poster.
This year’s BEYOND will explore questions and ideas in two main themes of embracing change – what can we learn from the chaos, and new opportunities – how to build back better, but different; through the lenses of Performance, Moving Image, eSports and Gaming, and Visitor Experience.
Examples of research projects that we would consider include (but are absolutely not limited to):
- Innovations in visitor experience in traditional spaces like museums, galleries or heritage attractions through digital technologies, VR/AR/MR
- The use of digital (or immersive) technologies in performance spaces (including live music, dance), or in the performance itself (immersive theatre/performance or immersive cinema)
- Applications of digital and/or VR/AR/MR technologies as new forms of audience engagement in traditional spaces;
- New approaches to Media Art
- Convergences between traditional art forms and digital technologies
- New developments in competitive gaming, eSports, mobile or educational gaming
- Potential application of creative software and tools, such as game programming engines like Unreal or Unity, outside their original industry
- New platforms for content generation or delivery, or experimentation with existing platforms (e.g. Zoom etc.) in content development, delivery or audience engagement
- Trends and/or changes in consumer behaviour due to the disruptions of the last year
- Economic impact of major disruptions such as the Covid-19 pandemic, Brexit, or the ever-increasing influence of the large tech companies on the Creative Industries
APPLICATIONS – Now Closed
To apply, researchers should supply an abstract no more than 350 words and describe the research project and its relevance to the conference themes; this can be work-in-progress or completed research. Supporting visual materials are also welcome (in PDF format). All applications should be made using the ECR Poster Exhibition application form.
Abstracts will be peer reviewed by suitably qualified reviewers, and selected based on novelty, significance and rigour of the research.
All selected participants will be invited to showcase their research projects at the BEYOND 2020 Poster Exhibition, which is being held as part of the BEYOND conference from 30 November to 03 December 2020.
The call welcomes high resolution digital presentations of a poster that should contain images and graphics along with concise explanations of the research work. Posters may be supported by a short (up to 5 minute) video.
Poster Exhibition Fees
Conference ticket fees for poster exhibitors are £49 + VAT & booking fees. This includes access to the full conference programme and Immersive Futures Lab.
Call for Posters Timeline
- Submission deadline – 09 October 2020 (midday)
- Notification of successful application – After 14 October 2020
- Full poster submission deadline – 09 November 2020 (midday)