Celebrating innovation and groundbreaking projects in the creative industries, BEYOND 2020 offers exciting opportunities for researchers and businesses to get involved in the Early Career Researcher Poster Exhibition, Immersive Futures Lab and a programme of partner events – more details coming soon.
Immersive Futures Lab
Following the success of last year’s Innovation Showcase, the Immersive Futures Lab at this year’s BEYOND will feature exciting projects from the Audience of the Future and Creative Industries Clusters Programmes. More details on this will be coming soon. In the meantime, sign up for updates for all the latest news.
Early Career Researcher POSTER EXHIBITION
- Innovations in visitor experience in traditional spaces like museums, galleries or heritage attractions through digital technologies, VR/AR/MR;
- The use of digital (or immersive) technologies in performance spaces (including live music, dance), or in the performance itself (immersive theatre/performance or immersive cinema);
- Applications of digital and/or VR/AR/MR technologies as new forms of audience engagement in traditional spaces;
- New approaches to Media Art; convergences between traditional art forms and digital technologies;
- New developments in competitive gaming, eSports, mobile or educational gaming;
- The potential application of creative software and tools, such as game programming engines like Unreal or Unity, outside their original industry;
- New platforms for content generation or delivery, or experimentation with existing platforms (e.g. Zoom etc.) in content development, delivery or audience engagement;
- Trends and/or changes in consumer behaviour due to the disruptions of the last year;
- The economic impact of major disruptions such as the Covid-19 pandemic, Brexit, or the ever-increasing influence of the large tech companies on the Creative Industries.
To apply, researchers should supply an abstract no more than 350 words and describe the research project and its relevance to the conference themes; this can be work-in-progress or completed research. Supporting visual materials are also welcome (in PDF format). All applications should be made using the form below.
Abstracts will be peer reviewed by suitably qualified reviewers, and selected based on novelty, significance and rigour of the research.
All selected participants will be invited to showcase their research projects at the BEYOND 2020 Poster Exhibition, which is being held as part of the virtual BEYOND conference from 30 November to 03 December.
The call welcomes high resolution digital presentations of a poster that should contain images and graphics along with concise explanations of the research work. Posters may be supported by a short (up to 5 minute) video.
Poster Exhibition Fees
Conference ticket fees for poster exhibitors are £49 + VAT & booking fees. This includes access to the full conference programme and Immersive Futures Lab.
Call for Posters Timeline
- Submission deadline – 02 October 2020 (midday)
- Notification of successful application – After 14 October 2020
- Full poster submission deadline – 09 November (midday)
Submit Your Application
Applications must be made by completing the ECR Poster Exhibition application form via the button below. If you have any queries please contact [email protected].