COVID Advice &
Policies for BEYOND
Health and safety are a priority at BEYOND.
We are taking extensive steps to ensure BEYOND is as comfortable and as Covid-safe as possible following measures laid out by the venue and local officials. This document has the latest information on our measures for our delegates and the BEYOND team.
We will post signs up in both venues to remind everyone of the current guidelines. The latest Covid advice from the Welsh Government is also available. Any updates will be posted here, on the BEYOND website and any major changes via email to all our delegates.
Thank you for helping us keep the event within these guidelines and minimising the risk for everyone taking part.
Feeling Unwell or Tested Positive?
If you are feeling unwell or have tested positive for Covid, please do not attend the event
make your way to your home or hotel immediately. If you require assistance please contact us via email@example.com.
The Zoe Covid project lists the top 5 symptoms as:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Persistent cough
If you haven’t had both vaccinations you may also experience:
- Persistent cough
Close Enough for Comfort
Please be considerate about mask wearing and social distancing.
We want everyone to have a great time at BEYOND. For many people this may be the first event they have attended in a while and there will be a range of expectations about social distancing especially during the conference and networking.
On registering for the first time at BEYOND, you’ll be offered a choice of lanyard to let other know how you would prefer to interact with them:
Relaxed about interactions but please ask about handshakes or elbow bumps
Please keep your distance, ask about a mask. No physical contact
These are our principals for mitigating the risk from the virus, please take a moment to have a look through. References to the sources are provided below:
- COVID TESTING – You are not required to show a negative Covid test by law, but we are kindly asking that you take a test before joining the conference. The BEYOND team and volunteers will be taking daily tests.
- FACE MASKS – Feel free to use a face mask when moving around the public areas at both the Cardiff City Hall and the National Museum Cardiff. Face masks are also required when entering or leaving the building. You don’t need to, though are still welcome to, wear a face mask when seated during the conference, during lunch and tea breaks. If you do not have a face mask the BEYOND team will have them available at check-in. Please also be mindful of other people’s preferences see Close Enough for Comfort.
- HANDS – Sanitiser will be widely available through all venues.
- ONE-WAY SYSTEMS AND QUEUES – Please follow directions around the venue. In some areas one-way systems may be used to maintain social distancing. There may also be some areas where we will have to limit numbers for safety, for example in the Immersive Futures Lab, so we ask for your understanding and patience if you are asked to wait to be admitted or have to take a longer route to get somewhere.
- ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOLS – Both venues have instituted cleaning enhanced protocols to keep venues as clean as possible and reduce contact eg. by leaving doors open and using contactless forms of payment.
- FRESH AIR – Both venues have instituted enhanced protocols to circulate fresh air through the rooms that will be used for BEYOND.
Venue Safety Measures
We’re delighted to be working with the very best venues in Cardiff. They are taking extensive measures to ensure your safety:
➤ National Museum of Wales, Cardiff Covid Guidance
If you have any queries or require any assistance before or during the event, our email address firstname.lastname@example.org is regularly monitored.