Beyond is the R&D conference for the creative industries.
In 2019 we explored the intersection between Artificial Intelligence and creativity.
Coming soon: News on Beyond 3, in planning for Winter 2020.
Beyond is the R&D conference for the creative industries. It explores the relationship between research, academia and business innovation and tackles the challenges impacting the future of the sector.
Last year’s Beyond in November 2019 focused on the intersection between Artificial Intelligence and creativity, with themes addressing the opportunities, challenges and controversies these innovations present.
Beyond provides a unique forum to share knowledge, discover opportunities and connect with business leaders, creatives, researchers, policy makers, journalists and funders.
Beyond featured lively debate, panels, short talks, innovative exhibitions and plenty of networking. Stay tuned for more news coming soon on Beyond 3 later this year.
BEYOND 2019 HIGHLIGHTS
Spanning two days, the second Beyond conference in Edinburgh featured a stellar line of speakers addressing key challenges and themes focused on the intersection between Artificial Intelligence and creativity. A single track conference included keynote sessions, short-talks and panel discussions, supported by a line up of fringe events. An innovation showcase and poster exhibition provided a platform for excellence in UK research-driven creative innovation.
This year’s Beyond Conference took place in the Assembly Rooms in the heart of Edinburgh. Attracting leading academics and researchers, journalists and creative industry professionals, the conference presented a series of panels, talks, and 5-minute presentations from...
Taking place in Edinburgh on 20-21 November, this year’s Beyond conference looks into the impact of artificial intelligence and creative-led data on creativity and the arts. Academics, businesses, journalists, and creative professionals from around the UK are coming...
Music, as many other creative fields that are also highly innovative and competitive, has seen the rise of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning and explored ways to take advantage of them. Long existing music...
Why attend Beyond? Insights from industry innovators and academic experts to inspire and enlighten across two days of keynote sessions, short-talks and panel debates with plenty of networking to make valuable connections.
Experience pioneering work first-hand with demos from cutting-edge UK creative expertise in groundbreaking exhibitions.
- Connect with creative innovators, thinkers, experts and researchers
- Discover the latest innovations and creative technologies shaking up our sector
- Case studies from groundbreaking projects designed to blow your mind!
- Experience first-hand demos from pioneering projects
- Find collaborators, researchers and funders to build your organisation’s capabilities
- Explore international inward UK investment opportunities
- Discover recent developments in the creative arts
- Connect with creative industry pioneers
- Experience and engage with practice-led research projects
- Connect and collaborate with leading creative tech businesses and industry stakeholders
- Indulge in a core programme of thought-provoking panel debates and roundtables
- Interact with local and international tech enthusiasts and experts